Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day: Taking Care of God's World

We had fun learning facts about the earth!
We brainstormed ways that we can take good care of the world:
Earth Day activities for Kindergarten

Earth Day activities for Kindergarten
My students came up with some great answers!
We read The EARTH Book by Todd Parr.
And, combining fabulous Earth Day craftivity ideas I found on Pinterest {created by Cara Carroll and Mrs. Cupcake} we made these:
Earth Day activities for Kindergarten
I can take care of God's world by: growing plants.
Earth Day activities for Kindergarten
I can take care of God's world by: taking care of the animals.
Earth Day activities for Kindergarten
I can take care of God's world by: putting the trash away.
Earth Day activities for Kindergarten
I can take care of God's world by: taking out the weeds.

 The picture below was done by me, to use as an example.
It looks like I have a bit of The Kissing Hand going on, with a heart in the middle of my hand!? :)
Earth Day activities for Kindergarten
I can take care of God's world by: recycling my containers.
{And by containers, I am referring to my Diet Pepsi bottles and cans!!!}
Earth Day activities for Kindergarten
We wrapped it all up with a fun Earth Day word search, which is a part of the great FREEBIE pack by Mrs. Cupcake {here}
Earth Day activities for Kindergarten

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Awe, taking care of the animals...what a sweetie! We read The Earth Book today too!

Jessica
The Littlest Scholars

Mrs Cupcake said...

Thank you for the Earth Day love, Anita!! :)
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.