Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Literacy Stations...Writing Centre Freebie...Nerves

Just a quick post to show a glimpse of what we've been doing in Kindergarten this week:
I put magnetic letters into a drawstring bag {that students could not see into}. They took turns reaching inside and drawing a letter. The letter was put on a magnetic board so that everyone in the group could see what it was.
Students then find the letter on their sheet & highlight it.
Students read a story together, then fill out a response form from Deanna Jump.
This cut & paste activity is a freebie from Danielle at Kroger's Kindergarten {here}.
Students cut the lowercase letters & glue them onto the corresponding uppercase letter.

I have added some freebies to my TPT store & here's one of them:

These pages can be added to your writing centre.
Leave some love if you use it!
Now I'm off to prepare for my presentations at an All-Ontario Christian School Teachers' Convention..yikes! {I'm so nervous about public speaking!!!}

FYI: I have created bundles of month-long literacy centres, to make things easy for Kindergarten teachers!
The packs include literacy activities in these 5 areas of learning:
1)Writing 2)Listening to reading 3) Word work (sight words) 4) Phonics/alphabet 5) Phonemic awareness
The packs are laid out, week by week, for the entire month. They include 5 stations for students to rotate through per week, with all of the components you’ll need for each activity.
Assessment tools are included to help keep learning on track and to keep your students accountable.
Learning is spiraled throughout the month, to help students build on their prior learning. 
Check out the first pack in the series {here}


Sarah said...

Just found your blog!! SUPER CUTE!! Hope its okay if I keep stalking it!!! LOVE all the great ideas / resources!!


Country Fun said...

This is why I love Pinterest. Type in Fall Word Lists and I get lead to postings like this one. I've come away with additional resources and ideas I'll adapt for use with my preschooler who is all over her letters.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.