Friday, March 16, 2012

SPRING! and all things -ing


SPRING IS HERE!
{well, it feels like it, anyway}

What better time to introduce the ending -ing.

I had my students print an ing sentence on a sentence strip.
I was sleeping.

Then I had them circle the ing in their sentence.
biking




They were quite proud to wear these home!!!


...except some of the girls were wondering why they had to be called the
'King of ing' instead of the 'Queen of ing'...lol
 
I have created a mini pack of activities that go well with teaching about -ING:
Here's a peek at what's inside:
 
You can check out the pack {here}

8 comments:

Alessia Albanese said...

Such a great idea! I will be using this next month for sure! Thanks for sharing!

ΡΌ Alessia
Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Love this!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Stacy Johnson said...

My kids loved it! So glad yours did too! Thanks for the shout out!

Stacy
Mrs Johnson’s First Grade

Wolfelicious said...

Love the crowns!! I am sure your kiddos really enjoyed this activity.

April
Wolfelicious

Lori said...

Saw this on Pinterest! Thank you so much! It goes with what I am teaching this week. :)
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Lori said...

I used your crown yesterday and today! I posted about it today and linked back to you!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Inspired in Second said...

I love this idea! I just created a Queen of -ing template {if you're interested} and linked back to this post. Thanks for sharing!
- Amanda
Inspired in Second

Ellen Stouffer said...

Anita, May I use one of your ideas from your blog in a painting I do for a calendar called
"Time For School" You can go to my blog ellenstoufferstudio.blogspot.com to see my 2013 school calendar. I am working on the 2014 right now. Thank you for your consideration. I taught art for 25 years.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.