Teacher Week: Meet the Teacher Monday

I am excited to participate in 'Teacher Week 2011' at Blog Hoppin'. Click here to join in! 

Meet The Teacher Monday


I wear many hats: I have been married for 15 years to Jonathan Bremer, and am the mother of 3 beautiful children. I am also a grand-daughter, daughter, sister, sister-in-law, niece, cousin, aunt, friend, colleague, teacher, one-week-old blogger, and Christian.
Jonathan Bremer & Anita Bremer
My teaching career: This September I will begin my 7th year teaching Kindergarten. I have also taught in Grades 1, 1/2, 2/3, 3, 5, and 7. (I get tired just reading that!)

I love to ~read books, magazines, teacher blogs :)
              ~take pictures
              ~enjoy the sights, smells, & sounds right in my own backyard
              ~organize and plan
              ~watch movies
              ~shop
              ~be with my family
              ~write

You may not know: I get a little 'buzz' when I walk through the door of any teacher store, bookstore, and office supply store.        

This school year: I always look forward to starting "fresh" each September...this year even more so because I'll be using all of the great teaching ideas I've found on your amazing blogs! Thanks, guys! (Keep them coming :) I will be focusing on updating my Math and Literacy Centers this year.

Teaching Tools I can't live without: Let me start by saying I feel a little jealous to be reading about your Smartboards, laptops, iPads, etc.  On the top of my list is pocket charts! I have several, and I use them throughout the day for all kinds of reasons. My timer is great class management tool I use during centre time-it's a way to keep things moving without me saying a word. And I am always carrying my fancy clipboard, with my lesson plans and important papers attached (it also makes me look busy & important). HA!

3 comments

  1. Anita,

    Nice to meet you. I am also from Canada. I agree about the 'buzz'. Even in July when WalMart puts the supplies out.

    candydishtreats.blogspot.com
    primaryprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get a buzz too!! That is so funny! One thing I am working on this year is documenting, so I will carrying around a clipboard too. How did you decorate yours?

    Nice to meet you, Anita!
    Teresa
    http://thevogelgesangsteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa- I bought my clipboard at Home Sense. Maybe I'll post a picture of it tomorrow as part of my classroom pics for Blog Hoppin :)
    Anita
    http://mrsbremersk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.