Choosing Your Next Read Aloud- Class Voting!

My students always LOVE read aloud time, and it is such an important time of the day! 

Students learn to listen, visualize, and predict what will happen in the story. They are exposed to the modeling of fluent reading and expression. And it's fun to see where the author takes us each day!
A fun way to choose the next read aloud- have students vote, and the one with the most votes wins! #readalouds #2ndgrade #teachertips #reading #education
I always let the class vote on what book we should read next. I give them a selection of three choices. Students write their name on the sticky note of the story of their choosing. The one with the most votes wins!
A fun way to choose the next read aloud- have students vote, and the one with the most votes wins! #readalouds #2ndgrade #teachertips #reading #education
In my next post, I will be sharing what books my second graders liked the best...and which ones they did not enjoy at all!

1 comment

  1. Hi Mrs. Bremer,

    I appreciate your blog. It is great and very helpful. I would like to ask if you can tell me where you get this hand from.

    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nVJqWx52zKI/V5isH72vggI/AAAAAAAAReo/RMC6H1t3t7I466RGt5gi7kIpUydwj5fGwCLcB/s1600/Slide5.PNG

    My email is szepenny@gmail.com

    I would be very thankful if you would kindly let me know where you get this hand from. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.