Bright Idea: Storing Anchor Charts

Anchor charts are GREAT learning tools!
Teaching tips on how to use and store anchor charts in the classroom.
They work at any grade level, for any school subject. I will post more in the future about anchor charts, but today I want to focus on anchor chart storage.


Let me begin by saying I don't believe in plastering the classroom walls with charts. When there are too many, they begin to blend into the background and lose their meaning.
But the dilemma is, we want our students to be able to access the charts whenever they need to. The learning on those charts never finished.
So what do you do with them all?


Keep them in one area of the classroom where they can be accessed by students whenever they are needed. I have mine on a clothing stand! 
Teaching tips on how to use and store anchor charts in the classroom.
They are attached with shower curtain hooks. Students can flip through to see the chart that they need, whenever they need it. It is also easy for me to simply flip to the chart we need.
Teaching tips on how to use and store anchor charts in the classroom.
The stand takes up no space- it is wide but narrow. So all my charts fit on it, and none get damaged/wrinkled/forgotten about in my closet :)
Teaching tips on how to use and store anchor charts in the classroom.

Teaching tips on how to use and store anchor charts in the classroom.
Find more great teaching tips by clicking below:

4 comments

  1. I currently use a clothing stand but it has two bars. I think it wouldn't be as easy to flip through the charts. Where did you get yours? Do you have many charts with the same hole set up and therefore using the same hook or does each chart have its own set of hooks?
    I have also been using those shower curtain hooks for years, they are so much cheaper than chart stand hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, this stand is from Ikea. When I make my charts I make sure that the holes line up as much as possible. They are on the same rings, making them easy to flip. I also love that this clothing stand has hooks on either side, so I hang my pointers on them, which are used when introducing the charts. Thanks for your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for my classroom!! I have a pocket chart stand that I didn't know what to do with. (I don't use as many pocket charts in fifth grade). Thank you!!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anchor charts is going to best learning tools. Anita I really really appreciate your concepts. This is perfect for my schools. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.