Thursday, March 06, 2014

I Like Me! {a book study}

The book I Like Me! by Nancy Carlson is a PERFECT companion to learning about feelings, growth mindset, and self esteem!
I Like Me! book study companion activities perfect for learning about feelings, self esteem, and having a growth mindset!
I made a companion pack of activities to go with this great story. Here are some activities we did:
I Like Me! book study companion activities perfect for learning about feelings, self esteem, and having a growth mindset!
I Like Me! book study companion activities perfect for learning about feelings, self esteem, and having a growth mindset!
We dug into some elements of the story, including the main character, the author, the book, and our reaction to the story.
I Like Me! book study companion activities perfect for learning about feelings, self esteem, and having a growth mindset!
We did a word search of positive word vocabulary.
I Like Me! book study companion activities perfect for learning about feelings, self esteem, and having a growth mindset!
We sorted some parts of the story, deciding what parts could be non-fiction, and what parts are definitely fiction!
I Like Me! book study companion activities perfect for learning about feelings, self esteem, and having a growth mindset!
We made some great text-to-self connections. Here one of my students is comparing what the main character in the story is good at to what she is good at. 
I Like Me! book study companion activities perfect for learning about feelings, self esteem, and having a growth mindset!
The book talks about friendship, and here some text-to-self connections are being made as my student shows some of her friends.

Of course my pack has MUCH more included...we only had three days to cover this story :)
Click {here} if you'd like to check it out!
I Like Me! book study companion activities perfect for learning about feelings, self esteem, and having a growth mindset!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.