Sunday, March 10, 2013

Confessions of a Font Addict

We all have our favorite go-to fonts, don't we? And as we find more to love, it makes it that much more difficult to find them all or, in my case, remember the ones I have!
Awhile ago I read Deedee's post {here} and Jennifer's post {here} about organizing fonts, and I decided that I needed to get my fonts under control :)
I took Jennifer's idea and created some tactile cards that I can see and hold and flip through easily. This is the result:

I made cards for each font style, with a title on one side and the fonts on the other side.

Here are my go-tos:




















The cards are attached with a ring, so it is easy to flip through and see what they look like.
They're printed in 20pt, so that I can see them clearly. The cards are laminated, for durability.
{And I only included fonts that fit in these most-used categories--no ugly fonts allowed...yes, I am a font snob.} 

And the best part is, these fonts are all FREE for personal use. I have, however, paid for commercial licenses for some in order to use them in my products.

How do you organize your fonts?
Am I missing some fabulous fonts that you don't see on my lists?
I'd love to know- what are your go-to fonts? Please share!
{After all, a girl can never have too many fonts, right?}


5 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

That looks great! Thanks for the shout out!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Amy said...

I absolutely love your font project! (I found some great new fonts too.) I can't wait to do this with my fav fonts!

Thanks!
Amy
Teaching Is Sweet

Mrs. Clancy said...

I lOVE LOVE this idea! I bet it reminds you of fonts that you forgot you had!! I am definelty going to put this on my list of things to do! Thanks Melissa!

Lori Hill said...

What a GREAT idea! I'm always searching endlessly through my fonts to pick "the right one." I can't wait to make these cute rings to organize them all in one spot. Thanks for the great idea!

Lori
The Kindergarten Pod

Sue Cahalane said...

This is such a great idea!! I too am addicted to fonts! I'm your newest follower :)

✿Sue✿
Science for Kids Blog

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.