Friday, September 21, 2012

Teaching Time to the Hour

Let me just say how annoyed I am that Blogger has changed...hate it so much!
Now that that is off my chest... :)
 
We continued our Nursery Rhyme theme study, and one favourite has been
 
This led to some fun learning about how to tell time to the hour.
First came some learning about the clock's hands and numbers earlier in the week.
 
As a follow-up lesson, I handed out mini-clocks to each student and had them show me the time I said.
 
Show me five o'clock...
 

 
 
We also made these clocks using velcro numbers {from Mrs. Williamson}.
 
The number pieces are stored in an old Play-doh container.

love how miss ponytails is checking our classroom clock for reference :)
 
Finished product!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.