Monday, September 10, 2012

More Class Pics and Literacy Work Stations

We've made it through day number three in Kindergarten! 
Here are some things we've been up to:
NURSERY RHYMES 
In September, I introduce a new Nursery Rhyme each day.

Can you guess what today's rhyme was?
Here are a few hints:
Literacy Activities in Kindergarten

Literacy Activities in Kindergarten

Literacy Activities in Kindergarten

Literacy Activities in Kindergarten
We took turns jumping over the candlestick as we chanted the rhyme, switching Jack's name for our own. So fun!
We even had a cartwheel over the candlestick?!
Literacy Activities in Kindergarten

LITERACY ACTIVITY CENTERS
This year I have ten students, so I only have three groups to rotate through the activities, and only three activities per week
{as opposed to five per week, as I had last year}

Here are this week's three activities:

LISTENING CENTER
Literacy Activities in Kindergarten

Literacy Activities in Kindergarten
Franklin Goes To School

NAMES/MAGNETIC LETTERS
Literacy Activities in Kindergarten
My closet door is steel...perfect for students to copy their names & their classmates' names using magnetic letters.
Literacy Activities in Kindergarten

WRITE THE ROOM
Literacy Activities in Kindergarten
thematic writing paper
Literacy Activities in Kindergarten
a clipboard for everybody
Literacy Activities in Kindergarten
During this round of write the room, my students are free to copy down whatever they like.
{Later on in the year the writing activities will be more directed.}
Literacy Activities in Kindergarten

MORE CLASSROOM PICS

BIRTHDAY CHART
Classroom Decor Ideas and DIY Classroom Decorating
I used the same idea as last year for my birthday chart {see here}, but I remade the months and Birthdays header...much better!

LANTERN LOVE
I'd been seeing lots of tissue paper pom poms all over Pinterest this summer, and was excited to make my own to decorate my classroom.... 
...and then my own children got these paper lanterns for FREE at a yard sale, and I love them even more than the pom poms!
Classroom Decor Ideas and DIY Classroom Decorating
 They match my room colors perfectly too.
Classroom Decor Ideas and DIY Classroom Decorating

Classroom Decor Ideas and DIY Classroom Decorating

Classroom Decor Ideas and DIY Classroom Decorating

Classroom Decor Ideas and DIY Classroom Decorating

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.