Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back To School Read Alouds

Every day this month I have read a book about going to school.
 
Here are some of the books I've read to my class:
 




 
After each reading, we look at the story and compare it to our own experiences at school.
i.e. making connections--text-to-self
For example:
-do we take pets to school?
-how do we act at school compared to David?
-were we nervous to come to school, like Franklin?
-etc.
 
I have also used Read Aloud time as a springboard for introducing
fiction vs non-fiction,
and my students have grasped this concept very well!
 
On another note, I wanted to mention that I have
 AND
to allow for some $$$$ saving!
 
The SUPER HERO MEGA PACK includes all 7 sets {205 pages} of SUPER fun for your classroom!
Click on the link below:
 
Here's what's included:






 
The OWL THEMED MEGA PACK includes all 8 owl packs in 1 {101 pages of cute!}
Click on the link below:
 
Here's what's included:




 

 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.