Thursday, April 19, 2012

Two-in-One & Spring Freebie

I didn't get a chance to post my March or April math work stations...so here they all are.
A two-in-one post!

MARCH MATH CENTRES

BEAD PATTERNS

Using beads and string, students replicated the patterns that were shown on their pattern cards.


HI HO! CHERRY-O GAME

A board game as a math centre? Why not!
This game is great practice for counting forward /adding and for 'taking away'.



COMPARING WEIGHT

Students used a scale and various-sized beads to compare weight and practise measurement.



FILE FOLDER ACTIVITIES


ORDINAL NUMBERS
Students took turns clipping a clothespin onto a sticker. The rest of their group members named the ordinal number indicated. My previous post about this activity can be seen here
I made the activity last summer, after finding it on Pinterest, then here at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits.
That Reagan is so smart!

APRIL MATH CENTRES

LINK N LEARN PATTERNS

Students used Link N Learn links to recreate patterns found on their pattern cards.



SPRING ROLL THE DICE GAME

I made this flower roll-the-dice game for students to roll the die, then colour in the amount of flowers indicated on the die. They were VERY competitive :)

Want a copy? Click here.



FLOWER TIME

Students took a flower card and wrote down the time that was shown onto their time sheet.
You can find this activity here.


This time activity is generously shared @ Inspired by Kindergarten. It is just one small part of a fantastic FREE package of April activites...check it all out here


DOT-TO-DOTS

I found several free spring-themed dot-to-dot worksheets online.
Students had fun completing these & then colouring them in.


PATTERN BLOCK SHAPE PICTURES

Students made pictures using shape pattern blocks. I copied these from a book and mounted them for use in our math centres.


FILE FOLDER ACTIVITIES

7 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Looks like SO much fun!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Mrs. Miner said...

I am moving to math centers next year, so this is a great resource. Thanks so much for sharing because I am feeling like this is going to be an overwhelming process. I am planning on setting it up the same way I do my literacy centers and giving it a go!
Krissy
Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business

Crayons and Curls said...

Love your Math Centers! Thanks for sharing! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Jessica said...

Love your ideas! Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower! Stop by and visit me...

learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

KinderKiddies said...

I love your great ideas and now follow your wonderful blog. Please stop by and visit me =)

kinderkiddies1.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How do I print your flower worksheet to full size?

Anita said...

Go to where it says "click here" and click on the word "here" & it will come up.
Anita

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.