Saturday, August 27, 2011

More Pinterest-Inspired Creations

I want to start off by saying I am both humbled and honoured to all who have been 'pinning' things from my blog onto your personal pinboards. As mentioned in the About Me section, this blog is all about sharing ideas, & I am so glad that you find inspiration from here to carry into your classrooms this year!

While cruising around Pinterest, I found some more great activities to use for Language Arts & Math activity centres.

The following activities can be used as Language Arts Centres. Students can use magnetic letters or letter tiles to complete these tasks.


MISSING LETTERS:
uppercase & lowercase


LETTER SOUNDS:
beginning sounds
 
vowel sounds
 
ending sounds
 

The above activities and more are available {here}.
 

The set includes practice with:
beginning sounds
ending sounds
vowel sounds
CVC words
alphabetical order/missing letters
 
 
Here are a few activities that can be used as Math Centres. Students can complete the tasks using magnetic numbers or number tiles.
 
 

MISSING NUMBERS
 

COUNTING

 
NUMBER WORDS
 
These number activities are available {here}.

 

CLOTHESPIN COUNTING


ORDINAL NUMBERS

I found this great idea from Turnstall Times!
Wondering what to do with the extra two thousand Highlights stickers you have accumulated? Make some ordinal number strips! Place stickers across a strip of heavy duty paper, grab a clothespin, and you're all set. Here the clothespin is showing the sticker in 5th place.
*You can even use stickers that go with your unit topic to make it more thematic.

Want to follow my Pinterest board of school ideas? Just click here

4 comments:

Deebi27 said...

Anita,
Thanks so much for sparking my creative ways of using these ideas. I have already called my co-workers on these goodies and emailed to my director as well (she will need to purchase some magnetic stripping for my extension of ideas thanks to YOU! I have a Pre-K classroom!

france said...

Hi, what a perfect site ou got here. Thank you very much for sharing with us. I was in sk also. In a French school.
I have a kindergarten also.
Keep doing your good job.
France

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much for sharing, you have such great ideas.

Anonymous said...

You are a very clever lady. I love looking at your site and finding ideas to help liven up my teaching.
Thank you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.